Edwin Ep04 Edwin Ep04

Edwin is -at least- as sexy as Assistant.

Nice work. Your lipsynching has improved drastically, partially due to the excellent new mouth set you're using. Pacing is also greatly improved, though there is still some room for improvement.

I really like this series, it keeps a nice middleground on the Sliding Scale of Silliness vs Seriousness. Never too much of either, but still consistently funny when it trys to be. I'm also liking your artstyle which is simple enough that the animation doesn't seem cluttered or dirty but still has the texture layer to keep it from looking too plain.

Sensing some trust issues between Edwin and Assistant brewing, and Trevor being painfully 'I told you so, can't trust people' about it. Ah, and props to GJKickballs for the opening song. Cracks me up. ;p

Keep it up.

Kieran-s responds:

Hey thanks! I'm glad you like the mixture of seriousness and silliness, Its something I need to be careful about.

Chris & Harry Chris & Harry

Props to joo!

Nice one Chris, love the deflector arms. Disappointed there wasn't more teeth action though...Great audio too, kudos guys.

Cs4 Best Program Ever!!! Cs4 Best Program Ever!!!

Pointless

You could at least make something that shows what you can achieve comparatively to CS3 or older, instead of just using two new features really quickly and not giving any indication of what you can achieve with them. Also Flash is now owned by Adobe. Also it does it exist.
Personally I prefer CS3. Sure CS4 looks nice, the bone tool is really neat, and I was much looking forward to utilising it, but sadly that, along with everything else that's new, insists on using AS3, which confuses the hell out of me for the time being. With time I might get used to it, but for now CS3 serves my purposes just fine.
I could go on for a bit but that'd be a waste of both our time. Put effort into your next flash. I'd be sincerely surprised if this took more than 5 minutes to make.

ConradB responds:

CS4 ROX U HHAVE BAD TASTE IN FLASH

One Chance One Chance

Brilliant

A few people referred to the idea of 'one chance' as an aspect or part of this game. It -is- the game. It is because of this concept that the lack of replay functionality enhances the game so thoroughly. With the option to remake all of those choices, the decisions themselves become meaningless. And without meaningful decisions, this game has no substance whatsoever. The mechanics are very simple, and the overt input that drives gameplay is barely there at all. It is pure choice.

The end result of your decisions give the ending weight. As such the lasting experience beyond the game itself becomes your 'replay value', or rather an extension of the experience. If the game isn't being taken seriously, you're not going to get much out of it, and it's established through the mood and gameplay that that is the case.

As gamers, we need to consider that the medium we find ourselves engaged in is very broad. Think of games as 'experiences', whenever a developer makes a game he has a purpose for that game, which is often more than simply entertainment. Yes, I consider games as art. And there's always room in gaming for traditional fps, rpg, rts or whatever takes your fancy. Just try to consider that a game may be trying to communicate more than is immediately obvious. Not doing so makes devs cry. And time spent crying could be spent making more freakin sweet games for us to play.

Right, the game.

Concept was exceptionally strong, and the choices and events presented housed and propelled that concept beautifully. While the audio and visual style were strong enough, they did feel somewhat bare bones and could be made more dynamic to better reflect the choices perhaps. At the same time the stylisation was unintrusive, and really let the message come through cleanly. I appreciated the subtle changes in scenery which really helped convey the passing time and decaying world. An excellent piece of work all round.

Gretel and Hansel Gretel and Hansel

High end point and click

It's been a while since something on NG impressed me to the point I'd be willing to write a review for it. This piece is incredible.
I love everything about it, particularly the art style which is very unique and animated in such a way that doesn't cheapen the artwork itself, though I'm equally pleased by how the game plays. The simplicity of the engine and detail in the interactive environment create enjoyable gameplay, and the storytelling, light humor and rebranding of the classic fairy tale is perfect.
The pacing varies slightly from area to area but the depth of field and transition between areas feels very natural and adds to the surrealist feel of the game, as well as making it quite immerse. I'm am impressed and more than a little inspired. Thank you very much.

Epsilon Epsilon

Finished the other clones? No? Who cares try this!

A little short, a little easy, but has a whole load of awesome none the less.
Great gameplay, beautiful effects, sublime music. This game is what gaming is about. Just a little further and I'd pay to play this game.